So finally I managed to do a new look for you guys :), I am pretty much in love with this look and I do believe this will be very much in vogue this winter. The 20’s were a lot about make up experimentation, new cosmetics where being created, so women loved to wear a lot of make-up. It was even encouraged for women to wear make-up to compete with men in the work force.
That era was the only time in which you could get away with smokey eyes and dark red lips. I do believe the 20’s are back, I have been seeing women experiment with bold lipsticks and heavy eye-shadows, not only in fashion magazines but even on the streets of Malta. Even-though I wouldn’t suggest this look to anyone because it can look too heavy on some people’s facial features, but if you think you have the features to pull this look off, go ahead and be adventurous :).
- Back in the 20’s Kohl eyeliner was very famous so they used it pretty much all over their the eyes, both on the lid and even under the lower lashes. I started this look by using a good primer as base and started by applying a black color on my lid like applying tan eyeliner but moving up to my crease.
- The eye-shadow was pretty messy back in the day so didn’t pay particular attention to how they applied it. I went for the same kind-of-messy smokey-eye look, but I evened it out with a silver color on the mid lid.
- The brows where very bold and thin during that time, but I didn’t want to do any changes to my brows however I gave them more of a definition by using a creme eyeliner.
- Finally I applied a quit messy darker eyeliner and mascara
- Urban decay potion primer Eden
- Urban decay Naked Palette 2 – Verve, Pistol and Blackout
- NYX the curve- eyeliner
- Benefit they’re real mascara
- Women were very pale looking so I made sure to use a light foundation however they loved having rosy cheeks. So apart from contouring a I made sure to have similar rosy cheeks.
- Nars Laguna and Mac breezy
- 20’s lips had a particular shape called the Cupid’s bow which emphasises on the upper lip which said to resemble the bow of Cupid.Red and darker shaped were really in vogue during that time which is why I used two types of lipsticks one of which is red and the other is a dark voilet-red colour. The end result is like a blood red colour.
- Mac ruby woo and a dark violet lipstick from an unknown brand.
Well that is all for now guys, I do hope you like this look :). If you do please feel free to comment down below, share and like, thank you for following and keep posted.
If you wish for me to do a particular look tutorial please leave a comment down below, would love to know what you would like to see on my blog.