As I was in London last September, like the beauty addict that I am, I hit the boots store and as I was looking around I came across the Bourjois section. Even-though we do have Borjois in Malta, I rarely have time to go to drug stores and look out for new cosmetics. I have been reading a lot about their foundation for a while now and there is quite the hype going on. However for me it’s really not worth the hype, not that I regret buying it but I really don’t understand why it is so popular.
The only colour that is somewhat close to my skin tone is 52 Vanilla and is it still a really weird shade. I can’t quite put my finger on it, but it basically looks like a lemon tone cream colour, it matched my skin tone pretty well, even though I don’t like the yellow undertone. This foundation gives a very light to medium coverage, I have to apply several layers in order to get the desired look and when I do that it can look be pretty cakey.
The things I like about this foundation is the scent, it pretty pleasant and refreshing. Even the packaging is pretty nice, even-though I tend to lose the red lid, many times, but the pump is very functional. I also like how radiant my face looks when I apply this foundation, but I would have wished that it covered more and that it lasted longer. On the packaging it says that is last for 16hrs, which is of course a lie, it last for about 4-5 hours max, with a primer and powder there is a probability that it lasts a little bit longer.
- The scent is pretty nice
- The texture is not too runny not too dry
- Leavs the skin looking pretty radiant and fresh
- Packaging is pretty nice and functional
- Gives a very light coverage, you need to apply two layers or else it’s barely visible. However if you apply to much it can also be cakey.
- Not suitable for an evening out.
- I simply don’t like the yellow undertone, it is not for me.
- It retails for about €16 which is a pretty decent price but you can honestly find cheaper foundations that do a much better job than this.
- Be careful were you store the this foundation, because the lid can be easily broken or lost as the plastic is very thin.
Will I ever buy this product again? I don’t think so, the colour, texture and formula really does nothing for me.
Do I recommend it? If you have a similar skin colour to mine I wouldn’t recommend it, however you can still use it as an everyday make-up. I do recommend it to those that are asian or anyone that has a yellow undertone skin, I think this would be very suitable, however remember it still gives a very light finish.
Have you ever tried this foundation, what do you honestly think about it ? I love to read your comments. Thanks for stopping by