A few months back, I was given this NYX Trio Eyeshadow palette to try out. These are pretty inexpensive and the colour selections they have are amazing. I have the palette in Orange/Copper and Orange/Peach, which are basically copper selection of colours. These colours are perfect to use for everyday make up or even as a mid tone colour to use with other colours. The eyeshadow are housed in a slim black plastic casing and looks very similar to high brands packaging. It has also a small mirror and applicator, the applicator sponge looks pretty well, I still however prefer to use brushes but it’s still great to have when travelling.
For the colours, most of the series runs from light (highlight), mid (crease), and dark (outer crease) however my palette seems to have oddly paired shades, because the darkest shade is a bit too light to apply on the crease. The shadows are however very soft and powdery and have medium pigmentation, and looks better with a eyeshadow base underneath.
- Lovely sleek packaging with mirror and applicator
- Good applicator
- Good pigmentation, it will last for a good 4 to 5 hours.
- Soft and powdery
- Easy to apply and blendable
- Not to shimmery, you can easily wear it for everyday to work
- Inexpensive, it only retail for …
- This isn’t really a con but so you know, some trio are definitely better than other for colour payoff, so look up reviews or else check them out yourself at the NYX store at Sliema.
Will I ever buy this product again? It is a probability however being that I love eye-shadows, I would go for bigger palettes but for someone that is a less make up geek than me, these would be perfect.
Do I recommend it? I do recommend these palettes, they are good quolity and perfect for travelling and also inexpensive
Have you tried some of their trio eye-shadow palettes? let me know what you think