Hello dear readers,
I hope you liked my previous post, where I mentioned the best places to shop should you visit Latvia or even the Baltic region. Since most shops are available in all of the Baltic countries, and not only in Latvia. I would suggest you read the post before you keep reading this one, so you get a sense of what the shops are about. But if you are looking to see some goodies keep on scowling down.
So let’s starts amd show you all of the products I bought from all of these Latvian shops. 😀
Since Drogas have all the products you need, for hair, face and body at a cheap price, I did buy quite a lot of stuff. Here’s the list below:
- 5 Lipstick shades from Fennel a cosmetic company from Thailand. They were discounted to 1 to 2 approx euros each.
- Wellness & Beauty by Rossmann – Tea Extract and Olive – body oil. A Polish company which provide this range of body oils and much more.
- Natura Siberica – Loves Latvija – Body scrub. It is a Russian Organic brand based in Siberia, which have a variety of skin and body care collections and one is dedicated to it’s neighbour of Latvia.
- Amie Naturally kind- Skin care- Morning Clear Purifying Facial wash – Got it at discount for approx 3 euros 😀
- L’Oreal Evital – Heat protector on coloured hair – Since the one I currently use by Tresemme is running out, I needed a replacement.
- Body Butter and Body Scrub by Superdrug – These were on offer for just 1.30euros each, and they are just as good as the body butter from the Body shop.
- L’Oreal Nutri Gold Face Oil and Moisturizer – Since my face was getting pretty dry I thought I should try these out.
- L’Oreal Mascara and SkinPerfection Micellar Water- to clean my face from all the make-up I put on.
- Golden Rose – Long-stay Matte Foundation… can’t wait to test it out 😀
- Beauty FormulaCharcoal Clay Mask-I heard pretty good things about the mask and they were not lying. Review coming up.
From this awesome shop I got the shower gel and creamy body scrub in cranberry. I also got a pieces of soap from their enormous collection, forgot the name but I simple love the smell. It also left the lovely aroma on all of my clothes, since it was in my luggage. Finally I was given a cute travel set to try their shampoo and conditioner, by my lovely Latvian friend. Even if im dieing to try them out, I want to wait a bit, since they contain such nice memeories.
From the Latvian skin care range of Dzintars I only got their lipbalms, the green one is the original while the orange one is a new range. It is all written in latvian so cannot say what is the difference between them. But I like the most the orange one since it has a nice fruity smell.
The Dutch brand of Rituals recently launched the collection called the Ritual of Sakura, from which I got the body mist, body lotions and shower gel. The cool thing about the shower gel is that it comes out as foam, and you don’t need a large amount since its spreads. Can’t wait to pamper myself with them.
In most cities of Latvia you will find street markets, especially in Christmas time. One day I went to Jurmala, a lovely city next to the Beach. There you can find shops and also cute street markets, where you can find anything from scarfs, mittens to local home-made soaps (as the ones you see in the photo). Even in the capital of Riga you can find pretty interesting stuff in these wooden housed markets. Next to the soaps (in the image above) you will see an odd but pretty ring which was given to me as a present. The ring contains a nice big Amber stone, since Amber is very popular in those areas. Finally I got the Latvian scarf which is shown on the top of every picture. The pattern is pretty symbolic with Latvia and they are very much in fashion right now.
Last but not least, I got this lovely perfume by Moschino with some other yummy stuff at the Duty free. It was a real pity that I didn’t have more time in my hands, when I left Riga. Since there are some nice shops to see and at very decent prices. I simple love how you can find a variety of local brands but also Polish, Lithuanian, German and Russian brands. Pretty cool.
Well that is all for my pretty big Haul from my Holiday in Riga, I did stock up on everyday stuff that will last me for half if not the whole year. So thank you Riga for being so affordable and filled with beautiful things, I will definitely visit again.
I hope you like my post :D, please show some love by following my blog and liking my Facebook page